Network Leaders for #MSDayofGivingNetwork Leaders are seen as partners for the Mississippi Day of Giving efforts. They are nonprofit "hubs" or connectors in their region or within their service community. We are relying on network leaders to help spread the word about this statewide giving campaign, raising the visibility of our great state's nonprofit sector.
Benefits to Network Leaders
- Increased Exposure to Regional, Statewide & National Audiences
- Logo & Listing on Main Mississippi Day of Giving page as "Network Leader"
- Helping to promote philanthropy and service throughout the state of Mississippi
- Ready-to-Use Communications Toolkit to help you promote the day out to your members or outreach channels
- Free Educational Resources for Your Key Constituents
Expectations of a Network Leader
- Send 2 emails to their funds and nonprofits solely about the Mississippi Day of Giving and encouraging participation
- Post one time on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms, about participating in Mississippi Day of Giving and why it's beneficial to nonprofits leading up to the day
- Posting one time on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms, about the Mississippi Day of Giving and where people can donate on October 20
Going Above and Beyond as a Network Leader
- Create your own giving page & participate (lead by example)
- Help to explain the initiative to your nonprofit network
- Communicate the Mississippi Day of Giving schedule and helping to keep momentum going regionally
- Share the Mississippi Day of Giving nonprofit toolkit resources with your network
- Share press releases and other announcements with local media
- Potentially hold local challenges, offer prizes, etc.
Network Leader Toolkit
Network Leaders will play an important role in New York Gives Day. The materials below will provide you with some tools you need to encourage Nonprofits to join the Mississippi Day of Giving.