Ready to be a champion for your favorite cause on the #MSDayofGiving?
Great! Your efforts will help make the #MSDayofGiving a HUGE success!
It's time to take the love you have for your favorite nonprofit or charitable cause statewide! Mississippi Day of Giving is designed to make is super simple for you to build support for the organizations and causes you care about. So, let's get everyone in your network ready to give!
- Mark your calendar for October 20. Make a donation on October 20 to show you're all in!
- Become a champion for your nonprofit. You can raise funds for an organization through the Mississippi Day of Giving.
- Visit the organization’s profile
- Click the "Fundraise" button!
- Spread the word. Talk about #MSDayofGiving with friends, family, and colleagues. Email your friends. Post about on it Facebook or share one of the posts on the Mississippi Day of Giving Facebook Page. Tweet about it or retweet one of ours from Mississippi Day of Giving Twitter Page. Change your profile picture and cover photos to #MSDayofGiving graphics (download some below!).
- Participate in our Unselfie challenge. Take a selfie or record a brief video that shows why you're giving to your favorite nonprofit. Post it to your Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, and tag it #unselfie and #MSDayofGiving. Be creative. We’ll be featuring top selfies on our Facebook page. Remember – if you don’t use both hashtags we won’t see your post!
Basics to being a Fundraising Champion
What link do I share? You’ll want to share the link created for your fundraising page found in your Fundraising Toolkit. You can also share the main campaign link, and your supporters will still be able to donate to your specific page!
How do I get the word out? To get the word out about Mississippi Day of Giving, you’ll want to communicate with your contacts through email messages, social media posts, and word of mouth. Check out some of the sample content below for ideas of what to post and when!
What am I responsible for as a champion? As a Fundraising Champion you’re responsible for getting the word out about Mississippi Day of Giving, and encouraging support for your fundraiser and the organization that you are fundraising for!
Can I collect donations by cash or check? Yes! If someone makes a contribution by cash or check you can still have that donation count towards your personal fundraising goal. Email the contact person at the organization you are fundraising for with the donation amount and donor name so they can add it to your total.
Fundraising Champion Communication Guides
Profile Pics, Headers and Shareables
#MSDayofGiving Champion Profile Photo (Hexagon)
Download: #MSDayofGiving Badge 1
#MSDayofGiving Champion Profile Photo (Circle)
Download: #MSDayofGiving Badge 2
"I Donated" Instagram Photo: Hop on Over
Download: Hop on Over: IG
"I Donated" Instagram Photo: Looking At You
Download: Looking at You: IG
"I Donated" Instagram Photo: See. Cat. Give.
Download: See. Cat. Give.: IG
"I Donated" Instagram Photo: Door Hanger
Download: Door Hanger: IG